Decorating any room can seem intimidating, Marketplace Mattress Outlet has some simple tips to spruce up your bedroom style just by adding accessories for your bed.
The average person sleeps 8 hours a night. That means over the span of their lifetime the average person will spend 229,961 hours asleep, or basically a third of their life. There are accessories for your bed you can add to make your bedroom more inviting and comfortable.
The best place to start is selecting a bed frame that is right for you and your space. Marketplace Mattress Outlet has many bed frames, head boards, and foot boards to choose from to get you started. The bed frame is the base of the bed which supports the mattress. The bed frame includes the head, foot, and side rails, and may also include slats that help support the weight of the mattress. These supports will prevent any sagging of the mattress over time and will extend the overall life of your mattress.
Choosing a canopy bed as one of your accessories for you bed is the perfect way to add some flair to your room. A typical canopy bed has posts that extend from the corners of the bed frame, usually about four feet above the mattress. Fabric is then draped across the space from post to post to create a canopy above the bed. Fabric can also be draped down the corners and used as curtains to completely enclose the bed.
Bamboo sheets, cotton sheets, and thread count. Here’s what you need to know.
When choosing accessories for your bed, you want to pick sheets that feel good against your skin. A big part of the feel of sheets comes down to thread count. The thread count refers to the amount of horizontal and vertical threads that are in every square inch of the sheet. Typically the higher the thread count the softer the feel..
The material your sheets are made out of can also affect the feel. Cotton is the most common type of sheet, but there are several different types of cotton that may be used.
- Egyptian cotton is often praised for its soft breathability and is also highly absorbent.
- Pima cotton is a staple in many households because of its long lasting nature. It’s usually made in the Southwest United States as well as South America.
- Organic cotton, or cotton grown without pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers, will have the mark of the United States government-approved certification on the packaging.
Sheets can also be made out of other materials, such as bamboo. Now, when thinking of bamboo as an option for accessories for your bed, you wouldn’t naturally think of something “soft” like sheets. Bamboo sheets are made from the grass plant that bamboo wood comes from. And this is exactly what makes bamboo sheets so ideal. The durability of bamboo, but still soft, and long lasting.
Choosing the right pillows and duvet cover for your bed can add to the overall look and comfort of your room.
Pillows are important accessories for your bed. It’s where we rest our heads at night and can either make or break a good night’s sleep. Pillows are stuffed with materials such as polyester, feathers, goose down, or a combination of the last two.
- Polyester pillows are the least expensive. They are durable, easy to clean, and cause the least amount of allergic reactions.
- Down filled pillows are on the other end of the spectrum as the most expensive type of pillow. They are filled with the light and fluffy undercoating of waterfowl.
- Feather pillows can range in cost. Because feathers are flat with a hard quill that can sometimes poke through the pillow covering, feather pillows are sometimes stuffed with a combination of down and feathers to make them more comfortable. The more down, the more expensive the pillow.
Deciding on which style of bedding can be tricky. Using a duvet and duvet cover can make the act of making the bed a whole lot easier. It combines the sheets, blankets, and comforter into one single covering. A duvet is a soft flat bag filled with down, feathers, or a synthetic alternative. The duvet then fits into a duvet cover, which protects it from daily wear and dirt. So, a duvet is like a pillow, and the duvet cover is like a pillow case. It can be taken off for washing or easily switched out to change the look of your bed without having to redecorate.
Marketplace Mattress Outlet has the beds and mattresses you need to get started. And just by adding a few of the right accessories for your bed you can have the bedroom of your dreams.